- the Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16).
- there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19).
- in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years (John 1:1).
- in the blessed hope — the rapture of the Church at Christ’s coming (Titus 2:13).
- the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ (John 14:6).
- regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation (Titus 3:5).
- in water baptism by immersion (Matthew 28:19).
- the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer (1 Peter 2:24).
- the baptism in the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it.
- in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life (Galatians 5:16-25).
- in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation (Revelation 20:11-15).
ABC’s of salvation
To know God and be ready for heaven, follow these steps:
- Admit you are a sinner.
- “There is no one righteous, not even one… for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:10,23 (See Romans 5:8; 6:23.)
- Ask God’s forgiveness.
- “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13
- Believe in Jesus (put your trust in Him) as your only hope of salvation.
- “For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 (See John 14:6.)
- Become a child of God by receiving Christ.
- “To all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” John 1:12 (See Revelation 3:20.)
- Confess that Jesus is your Lord.
- “If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9 (See verse 10.)
For further help, contact Richmond Assembly of God at (586) 727-7250 or email us.